Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Day Of Reckoning

Stumbling
Around the questions
Falling through the cracks
And into the arms
Of the man I’ve run from
Since my first breath
Until my final sigh
The man in the mirror
Showing me
That the devils alive
And well…….
Far from the man I suspected
A scared little man
Wrapped in illusions
Insulating himself Safe inside
This world he’ll leave behind
Running through this prison
A prism of smoking mirrors
Twisted up from the lies
We tell ourselves
Trying to stomach the situation
Of this state of a nation
We’re all left to find
Full of a feeling
Dragging us down
Raping and pillaging
This village in our minds
A Heart attacks
Surrender now,
Quick, before it’s too late
Before I was born
A table that’s long since turned
Into a fucking sun
As it continues to burn
The truth into lies
Going nowhere
Up from the underground
To look for the answers
Found in questions
Better unsaid
Lies, lies, lies….tell me more
Fill my head up with your lies
So that you can feel alright
With the monster that lives
Inside the evil deeds you’ve done
Fuck you…. no more politically correct
Oxy moron
Central intelligence
Shank stuck in your neck
Out of words
That adds up to a sum
That’s always less than the love
We hide from ourselves
Sick of trying to consider
Those who never considered me
Trying to right the wrongs
Of those too scared to see
This world they left behind
Too self obsessed to acknowledge
These scars they have laid in our minds
Time is running out
The earth is my domain
And the time is upon us
Fast approaching
A day of Reckoning

Robert Gray Gallagher

Copyright 2009 Retrocollective Publishing Group. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment